Monday, March 30, 2009

Walgreens Report


Well, things didn't go exactly as planned, partly because my baby decided to get grumpy so we had to move fast.

I ended up doing everything in one transaction and this is what I got:

Colgate Toothpaste: 25 cents
Arm and Hammer Deodorant 99 cents
hydrogen peroxide 50 cents
Chap stick 1.99
Edge energy Saving gel 2.99

Total Spent: 7.23
Total register rewards received: $5
Result: Only 2.23 spent



So, what happened to the rest of my ambitious list?
Life cereal: They didn't have the "maple and brown sugar" variety that my coupons were for, they only had the regular kind.

Pizza: I talked myself out of it. It wasn't that great of a deal.

Scott tissue: I was in a hurry and I couldn't find the sale. So I skipped it.

Candles: The cashier told me that I couldn't use both the Easy Saver coupon AND the manufacturer coupon because Easy Saver coupons are now manufacturer coupons as well. The Walgreens I went to on 48th and O is a little overly paranoid about coupons, so I was just going to try another Walgreens, but then I looked at the easy saver coupon and it DOES say manufacturer coupon on it, so I think the cashier lady may have been right. I will check and see.

Also, from now on I will only post my shopping trip plans AFTER they are successful, because writing it down before I tried it was a big waste of time. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment